Request for Proposals, August 2020
Request for Proposals: National Communications Firm – Lebanon’s Green Climate Fund Readiness Project
The Green Climate Fund (GCF) is the world’s largest dedicated multilateral fund helping developing countries to act on climate change. It was established by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in 2010. By channeling climate finance to developing countries, the GCF plays a crucial role in serving the goals of the Paris Agreement on climate change, adopted in 2015, and supporting such countries in meeting their climate change targets.
Objectives of the consultancy:
– Design and implement a public communication strategy to enhance and disseminate awareness, knowledge and understanding on GCF and climate finance among relevant stakeholders and mainstream GCF across the wider audience.
– Increase the Readiness Project’s exposure and its efficiency in engaging national and international stakeholders.
– The Communication Firm will be engaged in a fixed- price consultancy contract for a one year duration, with the possibility for continuation for the second year depending on agreement and progress with deliverables.
– The selected candidate will work under the direct supervision of the National Technical Coordinator at the Ministry of Environment and the Coordinator of the Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Gender Programme at the South Centre.
– Given the volatility of the political, social and economic situation in Lebanon resulting from the successive crisis (social unrest, inflation, COVID related measures, Beirut explosion, mobilization of stakeholders to disaster relief etc.), the scope and tasks of the present ToR could be adjusted during the contract period in mutual agreement between the incumbent and the Project Management Unit. These adjustments could include replacement of tasks by others, and/or concentrating some tasks on specific sectors/geographic areas, and/or shuffling of priorities and milestones. The adjustments will be made in accordance to financial contract and equivalent work days.
Applications should be sent in English at firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Communication – Lebanon GCF Readiness” in the subject, no later than CET 24.00 hrs on 16 September 2020.
Download the Terms of Reference (TOR) below: